Job Title: Dementia Support Worker
Hours: Part time – 18 ½ hours per week (2 ½ days) including some evening work.
Job Location: Based in Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre , work throughout North Cork
Reports to: Project Lead , The Crystal Project
The Crystal Project is a North Cork Community Dementia Service which supports people with dementia and their families. It is led by the HSE North Cork Occupational Therapy service in collaboration with The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, Ballyhoura Rural Services and families affected by dementia.
We are seeking to employ a Dementia Support Worker. The successful candidate will be employed by Ballyhoura Rural Services and seconded to The Crystal Project.
The purpose of the Dementia Support Worker post is:
• To provide group and one to one supports for people with dementia and their families
• Develop new supports for people with dementia and their families
• To provide administrative support to The Crystal Project
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitation of support groups, information groups and social groups
• Develop other group supports for people with dementia and their families
• Work with individuals with dementia in their homes to develop life story resources
• Promote The Crystal Project through social media and other information sources
• Liaise with families affected by dementia to support and provide them with relevant information.
• Work with community groups to create dementia awareness
• Undertake administrative duties of The Crystal Project
• Facilitate public awareness events to increase understanding of dementia.
• Liaise & collaborate with other professionals involved in providing dementia care.
• Attend team meetings and training courses as necessary.
• Undertake any other tasks consistent with the general remit of the post.
• To record and monitor all work undertaken and to produce regular progress reports to enable effective monitoring and evaluation of the service
• To identify gaps in provision of support services for people with dementia and their families (in conjunction with the project lead and other colleagues in the service area)
• Experience, an understanding and an interest working with people with dementia and their families
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Be motivated, enthusiastic and use initiative
• Group facilitation skills
• An ability to work in a flexible manner
• Be in a position to work some evenings
• Proficient IT skills
• Commitment to continuing professional development
• Co-ordination and organisational skills
• Full drivers licence and access to own car (mileage costs covered)
• Third level health or social care qualification
• Project development skills
• Experience working with the voluntary sector
For further information contact Sheena Cadoo, Project Lead, The Crystal Project email@example.com or 086 787 1818. www.crystalproject.ie
Please email your cv to Sheena Cadoo by Friday 1st April 2022