Project Officer – The Crystal Project
Part time – 18 ½ hours per week (2 ½ days) including some evening work.
Based in Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre , work throughout North Cork
Reports to: Project Lead , The Crystal Project
The Crystal Project aims to develop individualised supports for people affected by dementia living in North Cork. The project is led by the North Cork Occupational Therapy services in collaboration with the Health Service Executive, The Carers Association, The Alzheimer Society of Ireland, University College Cork, families affected by dementia and local General Practitioners. Mallow Dementia Project Ltd trading as the Crystal Project has been awarded Genio funding for this purpose.
A Project Officer for an initial period of one year is now required to progress this project. The successful candidate with be employed by The Carers Association and will be seconded to The Crystal Project. This secondment will be for initial period of one year, subject to review on a quarterly basis. The successful candidate will be provided with The Carers Association employee handbook upon the start of employment and must familiarise themselves employee policies.
The purpose of the Project Officer post is:
- To facilitate a volunteer visiting service to support people in the moderate to later stages of dementia
- To assist with recruiting volunteers and matching them with service users, based on mutual interests.
- To provide administrative support to The Crystal Project
- To develop awareness of dementia amongst voluntary groups, schools and the general public.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate a volunteer visiting programme to support people living with dementia
- Work with community groups and schools to create dementia awareness
- Undertake administrative duties of The Crystal Project
- Liaise with families affected by dementia to support and provide them with relevant information
- Promote The Crystal Project through social media and other information sources
- Facilitate public awareness events to increase understanding of dementia.
- Liaise & collaborate with other professionals involved in providing dementia care.
- Work with The Crystal Project working group to facilitate family information sessions
- Attend team meetings and training courses as necessary.
- Undertake any other tasks consistent with the general remit of the post.
- Monitor changing circumstances, identifying and managing risk in line with The Carers Association guidelines.
- To record and monitor all work undertaken and to produce regular progress reports to enable effective monitoring and evaluation of the service
- In conjunction with the project lead and other colleagues in the service area, to identify gaps in provision of support services for people with dementia and their families, avoiding duplication of existing services
The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved. This post is evolutionary in nature and consequently the appointee may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- Third level qualification or equivalent with healthcare professional background
- Experience, an understanding and an interest working with people with dementia and their families
- Be in a position to work some evenings
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient IT skills
For further information contact Sheena Cadoo, Project Lead, The Crystal Project firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 787 1818.
To apply for this post send your curriculum vitae with a cover letter (no more than one A4 page) to The Crystal Project, Memory Resource Room, Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre, Mallow, Co Cork
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th January. Interviews will be held the week of 9th February.